Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Day 171: Farm Fresh Friday

When your 9th grader's last day of freshmen year 

is graduation morning for his high school,

and he's in band,

and band has a 5:30AM call time,

then your call time becomes 4:30AM.

Did I mention it was a field trip day for me too?


We are extremely lucky to have made it to 6.
Six experiences outside of our school.
Six learning opportunities that we didn't have last year.
Six amazing places that students won't soon forget.
Today it was Amy's Farm.
We got to see live farm animals,
turkeys, ducks, chickens, pigs, goats, sheep,
and pet a horse!
Each child got to milk a cow.
How cool is that?
Pretty darn cool!
Something I doubt they will forget.
We got to spend a beautiful day outdoors
in the sunshine,
taking in sights, sounds, touch,
and smells....

I got an added bonus for the day:
My former K-1 student Alexis stopped by
and gifted me fresh eggs from her chickens!
So I got to use my sense of taste as well!

It was a lovely day...
despite having an unexpected lockdown at the end of our school day.

Luckily,
our students were not too effected
but others were understandably.
It had been an emotional week
and the last thing staff, parents, and students needed was the fear of something harmful on campus.
False alarm,
but nevertheless,
not something you ever want to think about,
but we do.




No comments:

Post a Comment