Thursday, May 19, 2022

Day 165: Pomp and Pizza

It has been a tradition that students in PreK and K

have some kind of culmination.

It can be a simple performance of class songs

or an entire program with performances

and costumes.

Then certificates of completion are passed out.

For the past 2 years,

culmination has been different.

Two years ago,

we drove to each students' home

and presented certificates and gifts;

all four teachers.

Last year,

we passed out certificates in front of the school.

This year we will do the same.

Parents are disappointed.

It's been a tough two years,

and although it's not the same,

I still want to make it special...

so today we had a photo shoot for a surprise collage for parents.

My how my kiddos have grown!

We celebrated our classified staff today.

It truly takes a village to raise and educate our kids.

It also takes a village to balance my life as a mom and teacher.

My TA's are truly my heroes.

They keep me focused and sane.

Truly appreciate them.

Part of the celebration of classified staff today

included a yummy brunch.

My TAs brought back a lunch plate for me.

There was a slice of pepperoni pizza on the plate.

M (who rarely eats the school lunch) sees my plate.

M: Miss Fung, what's that?

Me: It's pizza.

M: I like pizza.

Me: Would you like some of my pizza?

M: Yes.

Me: I will cut you 1/2. Don't tell anyone.

The REST of the story:

He had both halves of the pizza.

I ate chilaquiles instead.

#feedingmatthew

No comments:

Post a Comment