Sunday, May 1, 2022

Day One-Five-One Was Lots of Fun!

It's always a good day when you have a field trip scheduled on Friday.

Thanks to the wonderful Skirball Cultural Center Education Staff

my students got to visit Noah's Art In-Person once again!

And because of Covid protocols,

we were the only class on the bus,

which means each student got his own seat!

How special is Noah's Ark?
It's pretty special.
I have been bringing students here since it opened in 2007.
I missed one field trip because of a technical issue one year.
Last year, we missed out because we were teaching virtually.
We probably would have missed out again this year,
but thanks to some creative planning by the staff,
and generous funding by the Skirball for a bus,
my students got to experience it once again!
It was my friend Diana's favorite field trip,
and one of mine too.
We listened to stories!
We created a storm!
We pretended to be animals!
We made music!
We made observations!
We made discoveries!
We sang!
We danced!
We crawled!
We explored!
We climbed!
We played!
We saw how materials can be repurposed for something beautiful!
And of course,
we helped clean up poop too!
My favorite moment of the day 
was when my friend Anna
lead us through the rainbow sculpture.
How often do you get to walk through a sculpture looking for rainbows
and actually find them!?
Lucky class!

Our luck continued on our way home!
Last Friday,
F lost her LA cap on our field trip to the Roundhouse Aquarium.
She handed it to me to hold and I put it on my seat (and forgot it was there).
Today,
we had the same bus driver,
(He's been our bus driver for all 3 field trips)
driving us on the same bus,
and when Ms. Ponce sat down in the emergency exit seat...
guess what she found!

It was Friday.
It was warm.
We had some time left,
and we know this Ice Cream Truck driver,
and L has been obsessed with ice cream trucks all year,
so....
E walked up to me during lunch today and said,
"Miss Fung, I really liked this field trip!"
My mom use to say to me,
"Make the kids happy."
I think they were very happy today.
So was their teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment