Sunday, May 8, 2022

152 - 156

Day 152

There is nothing I enjoy more than taking my students to places I love 

and exposing them to the beauty in our world.

Today, I got to take them to the Huntington Library and Gardens.

We didn't get through all the gardens,

but we saw at least 6,

and walked over 3.5 miles.

It was a good day.

Grateful for bus funding from generous organizations.



Day 153

One of the Skirball Build a Better World activity is Cards of Kindness,
showing those around us how we appreciate what they do.
We shared our cards today with the school nurse, office staff, bus driver, and food workers.
It's always a good day to show kindness and appreciation,
not just during Teacher Appreciation or Nurse Week.
Other follow up activities included:
directed drawing and retelling Dena's flood story.
I always feel so rushed after field trips and wanted some follow up connections this time,
and made time.
Interactive storytelling is one of my favorite things,
and one thing that I have not done very often these past years.
I have to make it a regular practice.
Thanks for reminding me Dena and Skirball. 

Day 154

May the Fourth...
It is also Teacher Appreciation Week...
and one of my favorite Tea spots had a BOGO deal for teachers,
ALL WEEK!
What could I do?
Lucky Bryce, lucky me,
Summer Mint Tea!

Day 155

Lets Get Cookin'

Last week,
I had another fabulous Skirball Teacher PD.
We made tostadas and told stories about food.
I knew I wanted to modify the lesson and cook with my students.
Today, I did.
It was Cinco de mayo and we made tostadas- ETK way!






Day 156

I don't want my students to be afraid to ask questions and explore the world around them.
When we study things that are not so "pleasant" we use the world INTERESTING instead of eeew!
I forgot to use that word today as we were examining the moths.
When I said, "Eeew," as I cleaned up the silkworms old poop,
Javier corrected me- "Miss Fung! We say interesting..."
I love when they correct me!


Alex wanted to know what was instead the cocoons,
so I told them to grab a pair of scissors and find out,
but just the ones that were emptied.


No comments:

Post a Comment