Saturday, October 23, 2021

46: Beginning with the End in Mind

We are a Leader in Me school.

This month our focus habit is Habit #2,

Beginning with the End in Mind.

Teacher Goal: Get a subscription to My Big World.

My Big World is an early childhood weekly magazine.

As a child,

I remember the thrill of getting my own copy of

My Weekly Reader each week from school.

It was my first current events text.

I want my students to have that reading experience too.

Thanks for Donorchoose donors,

we do now!



Add Bonus...
Goal for our L: To participate in class activities.
There are online resources that come with My Big World.
One of them is a game that checks for understanding of the text.
Today, L sat nearby as his friends played the game.
I invited him to play.
He sat on the rug with them instead. (Another goal for L)
Then after each friend played,
we encouraged him to come up and play too.
With a little support from Ms. Ponce,
HE DID!
Little steps to BIG GOALS!

Our class goal was for students to learn their
first and last names.
We're at 82% first and last,
and 100% first names!
Little steps...




No comments:

Post a Comment