Saturday, October 16, 2021

41: When you think it's going to be A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD, VERY LONG DAY

Woke up with a sore arm.

moved at a slower pace today,

booster yesterday,

somewhat expected

and it wasn't too bad.

What was bad 

was the attitude of a teen,

who needs to practice more coping skills,

but would rather send me to school

stressed out daily.

I thought it was going to be

A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD, VERY LONG DAY,

but then I saw M.

He normally greets me with positivity,
"I'm happy at school!"
"Miss Fung, I love you hundred times..."
but this morning I needed it more
and he provide more.

Me: M! What happened to your hair?
M: I wanted to give myself a haircut.
Me: All by yourself?
M: Yes! 
Me: That's great! It's a rite of passage! My son did that with his curls 
and I did that once, in middle school. It didn't turn out well, bangs.

As we're walking to class he says nonchalantly...
"Miss Fung, remember when you taught me to use scissors?"
How can my day get any better than that?
Yes, I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment