Wednesday, October 6, 2021

33: Authentic

I am not a big fan of worksheets,

especially in ECE.

I use them for "homework" practice.

It's easy for parents to manage.

But in the classroom,

I try to avoid them.

We are learning about rectangles

and the color green. 

During my small group time
I had the students create collages using the color green.
I asked them to cut out rectangles or squares if they could.
I think they did an amazing job!
I observed each of my students creating their own work of art.

Talking about shapes and color,

using their fine motor skills,

and imagination.

No two were alike,

and that's what makes it so authentic.

Directions from me.

Creativity from them.

I have parents that worry about their children being challenged.

There are other foundation skills that are just as important as letter ID

and counting.

Today my L decided to help color our Pp tree map. 

I think he likes the color red.

I posted it with pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment