Wednesday, October 6, 2021

34: Let Them Lead

This year I decided to put students in leadership roles 
as much as possible.
The Morning Greeter is one of my favorites.
I see students light up and take charge when 
they get to greet peers.
They take the job seriously.
It's important that each person
is greeted at the start of the day.
A did a fabulous job today,
as they always do.

Wednesday is always Writing Workshop Day.

It started off rough, but they are getting the hang of it.


Today I got to observe R draw a picture of his mom and sister.
He rarely talks,
but today
I heard him identify his mom and "leyka" (Zuleyka) his sister.
I watched him draw a face with eyes, nose, and a mouth.
He added legs and toes and arms!

This was R's entry on September 1, 2021.


This was his entry today, October 6, 2021.

Slow and steady.
Everyone has their own pace.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment