Thursday, October 21, 2021

45: Letting Them Lead the Way

We have a good routine established

so that students know what to expect.

I have been trying to refine my Small Group Instruction.

Each teacher has a focus each day of the week.

My focus...

Monday: Art

Tuesday: Math Concepts

Wednesday: Writing Workshop

Thursday: Reading Comprehension

Friday: Science

I read the book One Tree.

I asked students to draw a picture and tell me something they learned from the text.

A started with a tree, 
but today he wanted to show me that he knew his shapes.
He draw a square, then circle, and triangle.
But he wanted to draw lots of squares (what we had learned last week).
Quick assessment on shapes.
We can work on trees another time.
He is learning... and that's okay!
Today, J told me he didn't need to look at his name card anymore.
He already knew how to write it without it.
Name assessment... check!
My favorite part of teaching...
Letting them lead while I just observe.






No comments:

Post a Comment