Thursday, February 9, 2017

102/180 Part 2: Zero, The Hero

So guess who is coming to our school tomorrow?

I didn't do a 100 counting chart this year in ETK.
Calendar is pretty basic at the beginning of the year: months, days of week, counting to 20, etc.
I  just recently introduced a monthly calendar to the students.
I think I'll start a more formal count (tally, groups of 10's, etc) in spring.

We have been practicing counting to 100 for a long time through song and exercise.
And they know there is some guy (or gal) that is called Zero the Hero.
And on the 100th Day of School, Zero makes an appearance!
In our case the 103 day of school this year!
We have been engaged in counting activities all week.
Today, I wanted to do a guided Zero station.
It's not "truly" art, but more following directions, fine motor skills, shapes, etc. 
I always love to see what the kids come up with using the same set of directions.
I haven't done much art stuff with the class this year...
Our competent TA's handle those stations, while I concentrate on early literacy stuff.
But today, I got to witness their visions of Zero.

Yatzil loves to draw. She always draws really long haired girls.
She has really long hair. So does her Zero!


One of the skills on the kindergarten checklist was... draw a circle and cut it out. Check!
 

I offered to write names on papers today, but nearly all of the kids declined my offer!
"I know how to write my name."-heard countless times! Check!

Zero comes in different shapes, sizes, and gender! "That one looks like Ariel Miss Fung!"
I have a talented neighbor. I like to surprise my kiddos on special occasions. Hence... Zero cookies!
They don't even know how crazy it's going to be tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment