Wednesday, May 24, 2017

169/180 Hangin' With My Reading Posse

I love leveled readers.
They help students become successful readers.
They build confidence.
They let students use the skills they know to figure out text.
They let me observe how students are tackling text.
They also provide opportunities for me to sneek in some quick teaching.
I've been waiting to use theses all year! 
#theyRready #ETK #transition2Kinder
Today I had the privilege to watch and guide V as she read some unfamiliar books.
It was not a guided reading lesson.
I just wanted to see what she would do with an unfamiliar text.
She's putting so much together! So proud of her.
*Concepts of Print
*Using picture cues
*Using HFW and sounds
*Monitoring
We had some quick writes too!
Can you read this?
I love early literacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment