Tuesday, May 9, 2017

158/180 What Pet Would You Get?


Last week we started a unit on PETS.
Well, we are going to turn it into a unit on living things and ANIMALS.

Our sight word is HAVE.
I found the poem.
Talented teaching partner illustrated it!
Kids loved it!
I love that some of the students are monitoring their reading.
I'm trying to get them to explain their thinking and strategies aloud.
#favoritepartofteaching  #beginningreaders
Painting is always such a wonderful activity for young children.
#Paintapetyouwouldget

Lets share paint colors.
#takingturnsisimportant

Guess our feathered friends are not popular with the ETK set!


I let the kids try to cut out their sentences on their own.
They have watched me do this for them several times now and I was curious.
To my excitement, every student was able to cut between words!
Even the students that couldn't read their sentences back,
were able to distinguish between a word and a letter. #PROUD
Super excited watching this group cut up on their own sentences,
then put the words in order to make sentences,
and read their sentences back to me!
For students that already had a good foundation in concepts of print,
I encouraged them to add more details to their simple sentence.
#differentiate 




No comments:

Post a Comment