Thursday, November 24, 2016

GIVING THANKS...

This is my first Thanksgiving without both my parents here. 

They waited their turn in line to immigrant to the United States in 1966.
They were in their early 30's.
They had two young daughters and not much else.
They did not speak a word of English.
My dad's older brother sponsored them...
and had a kitchen job waiting for dad in Fresno, California.
Everything else was left behind.

I cannot imagine leaving America with my boys to another country today.
Thankful for their courage, hard work, and determination to provide for their children.
We have a better life because of their sacrifices. 
Drove up to Fresno to have Thanksgiving with my sister Gladys. 
Noticed the avocado tree in our backyard had grown.
Gladys told me mom had planted the tree and it never had yield any fruit...
Until this year.
Good to know that the plants mom tended and loved keeps on growing...
MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Yesterday the LA Times wrote a story about an amazing friend of mine. She has endured such challenging circumstances this past year, but still she rises. I am in awe of her. Like I said... we have many things to be thankful for... I am thankful for her spirit and light.

AMAZING MISSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment