Wednesday, November 16, 2016

62/180 Busy Day... Busy Night

Had a late night band performance.
Daniel didn't get back to school until nearly 9:30pm.
With homework check, late night dinner, baths, and such...
Not much time to post too much.

Highlights of the Day:
I tried direct instruction for letter formation today in groups.
We are exploring letter Tt, and since it's only straight lines,
thought why not teach it "formally" using white boards.

I have been a fan of the McCracken's for a long time.
They make great predictable books for shared reading.
I have used their book: Spelling Through Phonics throughout my teaching career.
It really isn't for PK-K, but I like the simple structure of it.
I use it with directed drawing and my students usually loved it!
Good practice with fine motor skills and it gives them confidence in drawing.
So we practiced writing the letter Tt exactly 8 times. 4 uppercase and 4 lowercase. Then we spent the rest of our 12 minutes coming up with words that began with the /t/ sound. A few directed drawings followed. Even though I give the same simple directions, all the drawings are so unique to the child and the words connected came from them.
B's turtle...
J's amazing turtle! Amazing because J doesn't know how to write his name yet, but his drawings are coming along really well! So very proud of him today!
Y wanted to make a family of turtles!

 Okay, I really need to get to bed now. Late night... 2 more days till Thanksgiving Week break!
Before I go, here are a few of my favorite Tt word drawings of the day... Tt for teacher, so we drew my co-teaching partner.



No comments:

Post a Comment