Thursday, November 10, 2016

59/180 FAKE FRIDAY

I like how that sounded on my friend Erin's FB posting today.
We have tomorrow off.
So it is like a Friday, only it's not.

We are 1/3 of the way done with the school year.
Winter break is around the corner.
I feel more comfortable in my new role.
Our team is coming along quite well.
We have our roles down now.
Our talented TA's are taking initiative to do what they do best without waiting for our "approval," now. I hope they feel they are our partners, because they are experts too.
When your TA's want to get creative with the classroom door!
We had all our parents show up for student-led conferences this week.
25 Done!
So much easier when there are 2 of us.
We did not separate into yours and mine,
They are all ours and...
felt just as comfortable that our TA's helped conduct them too!
Now I have to input the 800+ measures by next week.
But it's all good.
I'm still a procrastinator that is easily distracted!

So my epiphanies of the week: (I love the word Epiphany!)

*I am going to start each circle time with a favorite read aloud. Why now?
Because I think they are finally ready. I started to do that at the beginning of the year, but soon found out that reading anything longer than a few minutes, with more complex text, was something most of them was not ready for. Now, we can move forward... #followthechild

*We will do the Flag Salute each morning.
We forgot that they did not know what the flag salute was or the verses. We must now find a real flag. Our patient RJ teacher gave me a small paper one on a straw yesterday as a talking piece. That will do for now.

*I will alternate Shared Writing and Writing Workshop everyday in small groups. Repetition, Routine, and Practice. The early literacy educator in me is fighting to come out, but had to hold off a little. I have seen so much growth in terms of drawing and speaking, time to take it a step further. They are ready now. #followthechild.

*More science. Enough said.
"Teacher, I want to eat the pumpkin!"



No comments:

Post a Comment