Sunday, April 24, 2022

Day 146: A Day at the Beach

To end our week,
we took a field trip to the beach.
It was our second In-Person field trip of this year
and one that "blew" us away, literally!

Good News: It was a lovely, sunny day at the beach.

Bad News: It was also a very, windy day at the beach!

Fortunately, 

our field trip was indoors.

I love the intimacy of the Roundhouse Aquarium.

It's a small, aquarium at the end of the pier.

If you are lucky to come when the waves and wind are calm,

you may spot a dolphin or whale in the ocean from the deck.

I haven't been able to get a bus scholarship to come back for 6 years,

but this year, 

I got lucky!

The scholarship doesn't cover the complete cost, 

but I don't mine get a tax write off

and donating the rest because

experiences like these are magical for my students. 

Just listen... 


I've decided that my favorite sea animal in an aquarium,
besides the jellies,
are sea cucumbers.
I got to touch one several years back
and it was slimy,
but cool.
We learned from Tyler
that if you kiss it, 
you have good luck.
So he kissed it for us!
And it also eats fish poop.
Glad, I don't eat sea cucumber sushi!

Yes, it was extremely windy.
Yes, sand got into faces, shoes, and sandwiches,
but how can you take 4-5 year olds to the beach 
and not let them feel the sand between their toes?
You can't.
So we did.
No regrets.



No comments:

Post a Comment