Wednesday, April 27, 2022

146.5: Art Matters

On Friday,

I spent over 3 hours,

helping display art,

after a day long field trip.

Amazing, 

beautiful pieces

by talented artists

from the Eastside of LA.

I took photos of two pieces that I was drawn to.
They were so strikingly beautiful,
so detailed,
the lines,
the expressions.
I was amazed at the level of talent.
Funny story:
I was assigned at the HOPE station.
I got to spend time with the families that stopped by my tent.
One young lady and her mother sat down and we began to chat.
I noticed she had painted monarch butterflies around her eyes.
She shared that some of her artwork was on display.
When she showed me the pieces she had painted,
I almost fell over; 
they were the SAME two pieces I had taken a picture of!
I was in awe that I was talking to the artist
behind the art.
When I asked her if she wanted to pursue an art career
she said no.
Her dream was to be an OBGYN!
How cool is that!?
So many talents!
So many dreams!
I may not be her teacher,
but I was just as proud and thrilled for her.
So much potential 
to be whatever she wants to be,
and a lovely, young lady as well.
I congratulated her mother
and wish her the best.
Sometimes it's worth it to "give" up your Saturday.
The ARTS MATTER!
We all have genius.
It may not always show up on a test score,
but I got a glimpse of it 
in the artwork,
in the music,
in the dance...
creativity and genius was everywhere
at Torres High School Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment