Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Day 139: Writing Wednesdays

The students can write everyday,

but Wednesdays it's structured into the day.

(Something I will change next year when I go back to daily Writing Workshop)

I love teaching so many subjects,

but will always have a place in my heart for writing.

I get to spend time getting to know each child

a little more intimately when they write/draw/share their personal voice.


I know some teachers may disagree with how I guide young students to write.
I don't have a set response when I work with students.
It all depends on 
who they are, 
where they are in their development,
and how they are feeling.

F is confident.
She's an English Learner that has soared this year
not because I'm a good teacher,
but because she is determined
and has an intrinsic motivation that I wish I could bottle up.
*I don't usually correct the spelling at this stage in case you're wondering why I didn't say anything when she wrote an E at the end of family. You can always teach spelling and editing later. You can't always get confidence back. 

Good News/Bad News

Bad News: 4 of our 6 monarch butterfly larvas didn't make it to chrysalis'.
Good News: 2 of them did!



No comments:

Post a Comment