Wednesday, April 27, 2022

149: Noah's ark and Tostadas

For nearly a decade,
I was able to take my students to the Getty Center
to look at priceless pieces of art from the masters.
Not this year.
But we do get to go to the Skirball's Noah's Ark on Friday.
So today,
I put the two together.
We took a closer look at one of my favorite teaching pieces at the Getty Center,
I wanted to provide some background knowledge to what will be experienced at the Skirball.
The Entry of the Animals into Noah's Ark (Jan Brueghel the Elder, from the collection @GettyCenter)

Such a rich piece.
So much to look at,
so much to notice.
#ARTMATTERS


I had to be in two places at the same time today.
My SSC meeting was changed from last week.
I am a voting member.
They needed a quorum.

I had a PD I was looking forward to today at the same time.
I was determined to do both.
It wasn't easy, but teachers are known to multitask.
You would think after 35 years,
there wasn't much to more to learn, 
but you would be wrong.

I learned a lot about storytelling through food today.
I learned how to make a tostada.
I learned that Bryce will actually eat 3 of them even with fresh veggies.
I thought of how I would modify what I learned to fit the needs of my students.
We will make tostadas next week.

Nothing better than teacher PD that is relevant, fun, and tasty too!

Jan Brueghel the Elder (Flemish, 1568 - 1625)

No comments:

Post a Comment