Wednesday, August 19, 2020

First Day of School 1/180

Today was the first day of school.
I didn't welcome little people to my class.
I didn't read my favorite books.
I didn't comfort a weeping child.
I didn't dance and sing.
I didn't learn every child's name (always a goal).
I didn't say, "See, I told you she'd be back." at pick up gate.
I did set up a teaching space in my classroom.
I did set out my materials with confidence that they wouldn't be scattered, torn, licked, or eaten.
I did find out that my MacBook will be able to capture more than a blue wall at home.
I did get some hellos and photos from my new class that made me smile.
I didn't get to pass out treats or custom made First Day of School cookies today.
But...

I will get to pass out treats, materials, and bubble wands tomorrow.
I hope to sneak in a First Day of School picture and a smile behind a mask tomorrow.

Three years ago I wore a plum dress with pockets on the first day of school.
Last year I wore the same plum dress with pockets on the first day of school. 
Guess what I wore today?


No comments:

Post a Comment