Saturday, August 22, 2020

4/180 Present Meets Past

Today 12/15 of our students were able to join us for Zoom class.

I was the supporting teacher today so I got to interact more.

I am in love already. 

Most seem happy to be there and it was fun. A different kind of fun,

But it is what it is and I am going to make it the best and most fun despite COVID.

My students deserve that. They are 4.

After class, I made a pitstop to meet my newest student.

Grabbed her some lunch and asked her to take a photo for our class.

Welcome to Room 27! 


D is my newest preschooler.
After school, I went to hang out with some of my older preschoolers.
Was honored to be included in a small group of people invited to witness Shirley Jean's wedding to Edgar.
She and Kathleen were my preschoolers once.
Now they are grown women.

I was there 3 years ago to witness Kathleen say her vows to Jake (they are both teachers!)
And today I was there to witness Shirley Jean marry her Edgar.
As a TeacherMom, you always hope your StudentKids marry someone worthy of them. 
Someone kind, caring, understanding, and genuine. 
Someone that will match their intelligence, be patient, encourage, and support them.
Someone not afraid of letting them follow their dreams and being there when needed.
Someone that gets their sense of humor, silly quirks, and strange requests.
One can only hope. 
I don't need to hope anymore. 
My girls found their perfect matches.
They married well.
I can tell by the way they treat their wives,
By they way they respect their mothers,
And by they way they are patient and kind with Daniel.
Yup, my StudentDaughters did well.
They found their matches.
I'm a happy TeacherMom.

No comments:

Post a Comment