Monday, December 6, 2021

70: The Hardest Job in the World

On Monday, he got on the wrong bus

and had to walk 4 miles home from ELAC.

On Tuesday, 
he left his backpack on the bus
and told me there was nothing in it 
but some LAUSD certificates.
On Wednesday,
he went off campus before he was off
and lied about it. *Thank goodness for tracking apps.
On Thursday,
teen had to wait in the cold because the library was 
not open like it was posted while I was in an ADHD
parent group.
On Friday,
he came clean and said there was something
left in his backpack on the bus. #goodbyenintendoswitch

But,
on Friday we also had a great first rehearsal.
And we begun work on a beautiful mural
for a beautiful friend.
And the teen didn't get upset
when his bus didn't come for 90 minutes...
and a Starbucks Peppermint hot chocolate
was all it took for him to wait for me to pick him
because I was already across town 
delivering orange juice to an 86 year old.
And on Friday,
I got to watch the Clippers
beat the Lakers
on that huge screen TV that 
Raul said I needed.

It's easy being a teacher.
Well, not easy, 
easier.
And more second nature for me.

It's not easy parenting.
It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Each day I struggle to figure out how to do it better.
But there are times,
every now and then
where it's okay,
because it's worth the effort.


The weekend was better.














No comments:

Post a Comment