Wednesday, June 9, 2021

177/180 Culmination Part 1

Today was Day 1 of 5th grade culmination.
Due to social distancing,
it was divided into two days.
Lovely set up and bittersweet for me.
The kiddos culminating were the kindergarteners

that I had my very first year at Belvedere.

It was a tough decision to make changing schools

after opening up a brand new one and teaching there for 12 years,

but the decision was family based.

I miss the resources in Expo Park.

I miss the friends I taught with.

I missed the students, families, and community too,

but never regretted choosing to be closer to home,

spending the last 6 months caring for mom,

being close to home when Daniel entered high school,

and cutting my commute to 13-15 minutes.

It was hardest for Bryce.

He is still working on issues that decision caused.

Someday soon,

I hope he will understand my choice to move.

Congratulations Class of 2021! 
You are amazing!
Make good choices 
and know that we believe in you!



No comments:

Post a Comment