Thursday, June 3, 2021

173/180 "Interesting!"

I attended a workshop years ago at the Natural History Museum.

I don't remember what it was about,

but I do remember something that the presenter suggested.

She said to try to replace the screams and yucks,

with the word "interesting."

Today we looked closely at snail poop... "interesting."

Today some of us had snails crawl around our hand... "interesting."

Today we were slimed... "interesting."

I also learned that as a teacher,

I need to show my students that things that seem yucky

are actually interesting.

When you get to see the parts of a snail up close...
it makes it easier to reproduce them in art.
We are reviewing letters and sounds.
The letter was Ff.
The sound was F-f-fung.
I thought D drew me in Lakers purple and gold
but he said it was pure coincidence. Hmmmm?
A few things to celebrate today:
1. Bryce got on the right bus and made it home without getting upset.
2. Shot #2 complete!
I have saved every single class photo since I began teaching.
Last year, we didn't get ours.
I contacted the company and they said they would try.
This year has been challenging and different,
but I still wanted my students to get a class photo to save.
I made one earlier, but was missing several students.
Thanks to my team partner and a talented Etsy seller,
I will have a 2020-2021 class photo!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment