Thursday, April 6, 2017

140/180 EGGS ANYONE?

Today we decorated and dyed hard boiled eggs.
I hadn't done this with students for a long time and wasn't sure what to expect.
I was surprised to find that many of my students had never dyed eggs before.
Discoveries and "A-Ha" moments are the best and I got to witness many of those today!
#ETK #discoverieswhiledyingeggs #orallanguagedevelopment #followthechild

I love little hands and making observations on how students grasp their writing tools!
After dying eggs, some of the students wanted to crack them open.
I thought, why not! So we did.
Scientists need to use all their senses, so they did!


The magic of a cup of water with food coloring!

During clean up time, J noticed something happening in one of the cups!
Squishy is a favorite word of ours to use to describe things of late!


After "peeling" the "shell"-new words, and eating the "yolk", we collected the shells and added it to your garden!
Tomorrow we will hide 24 real eggs.
We started with over 60 real eggs today.
#mystudentslikeeggs






No comments:

Post a Comment