Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Everything Grows and Grows... Day 128 - 132

Day 128 

Monday means the arts. 

We are working on something to submit to the EastLA Arts Festival.

Why not do sponge painting and make the planet Earth?


Day 129
We finished all the field trip teeshirts.
Wanted something simple, 
but meaningful.
I sense a theme here.

Day 130
Sometimes you need to take a day off
to take your kid to 2 doctor's appointments,
and your senior pup to his vet appointment,
and in between,
you work on getting two more field trips
for your class this year. #Number4and5
You also make a Home Depot run
and get some new butterfly milkweeds
so that you can begin to rebuild your
wonderful butterfly garden again.

Day 131
I love our portable "garden."
I am not ready to trust our space on the yard for a garden yet.
After being violated/vandalized winter,
I don't want our butterfly weeds to suffer the same fate.
Today, we made observations about our new plant.
Today, we discovered there were at least 3 monarch larvas
living in our new plant!

Our mystery caterpillars are developing nicely inside their chrysalis.
We can't wait to see what emerges!
Can you spot the larvas?

The most wonderful time of the year...
Today the students helped me write and read my journal entry.
Today, I decided to share some insights about early literacy with parents.
Even if 1 or 2 parents learn something about child development,
it would have been worth it.




Day 132
You see a huge, blue tarp.
I see endless possibilities for dramatic play!

















No comments:

Post a Comment