Wednesday, September 15, 2021

20: Day 20

Today, Zero left a bag of jumbo Fruit Loops.

So we made bracelets while counting to 10.

-counting

-1to1 correspondence

-color ID

-fine motor skills

and eventually... subtraction (You get it right?)

We have a growing flower rubric in class.

I think I made it about 20 years ago

when I did a lot of self assessing and rubrics in class.

I didn't take a picture of it because it has pictures all over it.

Basically, the students all start out as seeds (I know my name: as in will respond to it when called.)

Then they sprout (I can find my name), and grow a stem (I can write the first letter of my name), the stem grows higher (I can write some letters in my name). 

Then at the top is a flower (I can write my name). 

We did a quick informal assessment with the students today.

All the kids can find their names now!

Well, my two G's can if they are the only G names shown.

Next, to find out who can write the first letter of their names?


This may not look like much to you, but it's HUGE for them and us! I see a lot of first letters where I didn't on the first day of school. 

20 days.

I can't wait to see where they will be in another 20 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment