Sunday, September 12, 2021

17: Math Stories

We started using our Math Journals for Math Story Problems.

I start off simple and adjust when I need to.

Math story problems will continue throughout their K-6 experience

so I want to expose my kiddos early.

It's not graded formally right now,

but it provides wonderful data 

that gives me a sense of where my students are in their math thinking.

I thought he drew 3 yellow balloons, but mommy has her own.
He initially drew 2 yellow, but the red crayon got a hold of it!
He drew 5 balloons and counted them. I read the story again and did draw 1 red and 2 yellows, but once again the red crayon needed to be used!

He heard balloons. He knew there was red and yellow in the story.
He was able to explain what he did.

I love that I have these work samples,

it will provide a nice baseline for families and students of where they started.

No comments:

Post a Comment