Tuesday, August 17, 2021

2: Bittersweet

 

I made a new friend today.

He doesn't say much,

but he does with his actions.

Today he let me know that he wanted to go on the slide.

It was hot.

The slide is plastic.

Which means it was hot.

He took my hand ( I know)

and led me to the top of the slide.

Lets just say...

I was grateful I had on jeans.

Grateful about 5-6 times.

It was a much better day.

It was a tougher evening.
I know two wonderful brothers
who convinced their mom
to nominate me for something special.
Today, I contacted them to let them know
that their nomination lead to a nice recognition.
These wonderful, sweet, smart brothers had lost
so much last year,
but then I found out today,
that they lost even more.
I'm heartbroken.
Kids are resilient,
but even so...
life can be unfair.


No comments:

Post a Comment