Sunday, August 29, 2021

10: There's a Zero in 10


Friday was our 10th day of school.
We have been counting each day 
and today there was a 0 on our number line.
In celebration of every 10th day
we will cook or make something in the shape of a 0.
Guess what we made today?
DONUTS!
#welovecookingwithkids


After a year of being "off" track,
we are getting back on track with our Leader In Me Habits.
To start,
we are focusing on Habit #1: Be Proactive
My response of the week was: "Was that a good choice?" "Make good choices."
We also started goal setting.
I use to start by setting goals for myself at home 
while the students played the role of accountability partners.
Then gradually, it went from me, to the teaching team, 
to class, and then individual goals.

This year,
I wanted to try with everyone having a goal
and learning together.
We will move on to personal goals later.
Our first Teacher Goals were to use the word YOU less,
and to use Friends instead of Boys and Girls. 
We want to be more inclusive.
The Student Goal was to hear the door bell,
understand what it means,
and then respond.

They did a great job!
I'm working on my goal both at home and school!
 

And our class goal every week is...
lets all be safe
and let's all try to stay negative.
So far, so good.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment