Sunday, August 11, 2019

THE VIKINGS

I first discovered football as a kid in Fresno.
It was the 70's.
My parents worked long hours.
We didn't have a car.
But we had a TV and the NFL.

My first team?
Not the 49ers.
Not the Rams.
Not the Raiders or Chargers.

Nope. I was a Vikings girl.







I know.
They are from Minnesota.
I had never been to Minnesota.
But they were exciting to watch.
And I watched them.
After high school and scorekeeping...
(I logged in Henry Ellard's tackles)
and following my friend Doug play into the pros,
football took a back seat to Dodgers baseball and life.

On June 14, the Rams came to my school.
They provided volunteers.
They provided teeshirts.
They provided equipment and materials.
They provided breakfast and lunch.
They provided activities.
They provided a mascot.
They provided a DJ.
They sent their head coach and a bus load of rookies.
They installed a new playground.
They help us create a new garden and murals.
They gave our students and school community something beautiful.
*They also provided a kind safety to co-star in Bryce's latest Youtube video.

They made me a fan for life.
Thanks Rams!
Go Rams!









No comments:

Post a Comment