Saturday, June 10, 2017

180/180 AND IT'S A WRAP! #YEAR30

Last day of school is a little bit crazy...
especially for young children 
who need predictable routines.
But...
Paperwork is due.
Walls are down.
Classroom materials are packed up.
So...
things aren't always so structured
and organized
and planned.

It's always a little bittersweet.
This year especially since some of our students will not be returning.
The PCC kids are going back to their home schools
and a few are moving away.
I'll miss not being able to watch them grow and mature.

Those of us in early childhood are patient people.
We have to wait years before we reap what we sow.
This is the time of year when I get to reap and reap and reap...
It's my favorite time of the year!

Once a 5 year old in my classroom... fast forward 12 years later!
#teachersknow #itsnotaboutthemoneymoney #joy #rewardsofthejob
#shesgoingtoColumbia!
Today as I hugged Damien goodbye and good luck (he won't return in the fall), I told him I couldn't wait to see him in 13 years at his high school graduation. I am sure he didn't understand what I meant, but I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment