Monday, June 12, 2017

1/62 Hello Summer!

 Friday was the last day of school for students.
Today was the last day of school for teachers.
Tomorrow is the first day of a summer full of goals!
I was on Social Committee this year.
It is the committee must dreaded by the teachers at my school
(or so I have learned).
When we choose committees, it's by "lottery number!"
Each teacher chooses a ticket
and the ones with the lower numbers choose first.
Last year I got a low number,
but I exchanged it with a colleague who had a high number
and didn't want to end up on the dreaded Social Committee!
I've been there.
Done that.
But didn't mind doing it again.
I like to celebrate and recognize colleagues.
I had a good team with a great co-partner that took charge too!
We honored a colleague who was retiring today after 20 years at the school.
I'm new, so I don't know the history or any conflicts.
It's good not to know.
End of year BBQ!
Our school actually owns a big bbq grill!
Who knew?!
When you have a competent TA who packed up your room when you are in a staff meeting in the morning and come back to a done classroom! #amazingteam #nocupboardsinclassroom
So goodbye room 27.
Thank you for teaching me this year.
I look forward to learning from you next year.
See you again soon.
(Maybe my spatial friend Sophia can come
and arrange the classroom for us this August!
Happy Summer Vacation LAUSD peeps and all educators everywhere!
It's time to relax, regroup, and reenergize!
#weneverreallystop

No comments:

Post a Comment