Wednesday, December 14, 2016

77/180 Writing Check In...

D at the beginning of the year. He knew the letters in his name and explored lines.
Today I asked my group to draw what they wanted for Christmas. 
I encouraged and worked with students that I felt were making some letter/sound connections. 
D wrote his name and the letter sounds he heard when we said his sentence together.
I want chicken nuggets. 
Underlining what students were able to do helps me keep a record of their development in writing.
Excited to see where they go next!
J was drawing heads of his family members in September.
He continues to have difficult in articulating and speech, but he knows that letters carry a message, so he writes them randomly and independently!
J has learned to grasp his pen/pencil now. He's 3, so he has time!

Just a few more writing samples where students were encouraged to write sounds they knew. No pressure. Those that didn't want to try didn't. I am more concerned that they build confidence at this point rather then be perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment