Monday, January 22, 2018

Because it Matters

This past Saturday was the Women's March LA.
#2018
I took the boys last year to the first one with my friend Toni and her daughter Nitse. (#2017)
This year Daniel was grounded.
But Bryce went with me.
As we walked towards City Hall,
Bryce asked-
"Why isn't there a Men's March?"
Then he answered himself-
"Oh, right, Men rule the world."
I would like to say he is wrong,
But in many ways he is not.
But I truly believe
That we can change that.
And so do others....
Someday.
I have two boys I need to educate as they become men.
It was such a beautiful day that I decided we needed to explore our city more.
I have been working on leveling text for a small museum near Olvera Street.
The text would be used for exhibits for K-2 children.
I had to stop by and check out the progress... #comingsoon
You can't visit Olvera Street without stopping for Mexican candy...
or at least I can't!
Saturday evening was full of surprises!
My birthday was Wednesday.
I had not checked my email since then.
Maybe I should check more often!
#formerstudentssurprises #selfcare
Another interesting email...

Yes! It was me!
32 years later!
Small world!




No comments:

Post a Comment